Did you ever wonder how the Bugatti Chiron, one of the best super cars in the world, is build? Well, if that’s the case, we may have something for you. Recently, National Geographic produced a 45 minutes long documentary on the Chiron. Overall it illustrates how Bugatti tries to outsmart its competitors by building the number one supercar par excellence.
Bugatti’s rocky quest to build the world’s fastest supercar
While NG’s documentary won’t let you in on every detail about the Chiron, it offers a nice overview of the design process. Additionally, it goes into depth on Bugatti’s quest to top the 400 km/h speed limit. While supplemented with interviews, it also shares a decent view on the amount of tests the Chiron had to go through before Bugatti released the first fully machined version of their new supercar.
On the whole, the documentary provides detailed insight into the following subjects:
- The factory where the Chiron gets build and its production/assemblance process
- The development of the Chiron as a car to break the world speed record
- The design of the Chiron’s engine, its cooling system and the associated tests
- Also, the design of the Chiron’s exterior and its aerodynamics
- The role and benefit of competition among the supercar developers
- Backgrounds on Wolfgang Dürheimer, Bugatti’s current CEO, and Willi Netuschil, its Engineering Chief
- Safety tests for the Chiron’s chassis
- The Chiron’s track testing and preparing the attempts to break the world record
- Interior construction
You can watch the full documentary right here via Youtube:
What do you think of the Bugatti Chiron so far? Let us know in the comments down below.♦ Follow Grand Tour Nation on Google News