Watch: Nissan GT-R With $20k Bodykit Crashes In Pure Ford Mustang Fashion
An unfortunate turn of events left a tastefully modified Nissan GT-R to get wrapped around a tree. Well, almost. The incident occurred in Connecticut when the driver lost control while exiting the Central Connecticut State University’s C3 car show on Sunday, April 10.
The GT-R was fitted with a rare Kamizake-R Ver. 2 Super Sonic” body kit from Varis, which according to the website is worth $20,775. The modified Japanese Supercar had won the ‘Best in Show’ award- a factor that might have inflated the driver’s ego.
If only the driver knew that he was going to lose quite a lot in a few moments, he could’ve gone home with the car and the award.
The video below shows the driver exiting the event and arriving at the junction that had a lot of people around. He then turns left and gives it all the beans. The intention mostly was to show off a drift or something on public road. Teriyaki boy indeed huh!
Assuming the tires were cold, the situation immediately turns ugly as the car does not remain in a straight line. When he tries to counter the slide, the tail steps out and sends the GT-R sideways into the tree with all its wheels spinning.
Here’s the video of the incident:
Fortunately, the driver wasn’t injured since the airbags saved him. But, the car was damaged quite badly and was mostly a write-off.
The incident however teaches us some important do’s and don’t which brings us to ‘GTN’s 5 Lessons of Wisdom’:
- There are high chances of you crashing into something after winning an event. So remain extra careful and mindful if you’ve won something. Just being ‘smug’ would be best,
- A crash is more exciting to boys and girls in hoodies than a powerslide.
- A GT-R wrapped around a tree is a better crowd magnet than a GT-R with an expensive body kit. Period.
- Carry Tire warmers with you in case you can’t stop yourself from showing off. But there’s no guarantee they’ll be helpful.
- Always aim for the tree and not the divider.