There are some racing videos that make your jaw drop in awe. I particularly enjoy the video of Senna wrestling an NSX from rumble strip to rumble strip while maintaining the calmest of composures.
On the other hand there are videos that make me never want to attend another track day in my life. This one below tops my list of said type of video.
Did anyone else cringe at the TVR hitting the tyre wall?
Apparently this was an open event at Castle Combe in the UK where anyone was allowed onto the track with any skill level, hence the varying range of perfect racing lines to complete spin-offs. Better on the track than on the street, though. It’s also an amazing spectacle to see how easy the pros make it look compared to us mere mortals.
So what lessons have we learnt from this video? Well…
- Your car has brakes – use them!
- If you spin, try not to make it look like you did it on purpose and make it into a 360 – you put other cars in danger who are trying to maneuver around you.
- If you’re going off track, scrub as much speed as possible and go straight off, don’t try and save it.
- Beyond anything, keep yourself and others safe. Most of these were mistakes, but there are some downright dangerous maneuvers in this video, too.
- Consider track insurance…
What’s your scariest moment on track? Let us know in the comments where it was, what happened, and what you were driving!♦ Follow Grand Tour Nation on Google News