in

Lewis Hamilton Fights Back At Sensationalised News After Monaco GP: “Absolute Rubbish”

The Monaco Grand Prix had a very divisive Sunday as rain start pouring onto the track and the race was postponed by over an hour. This received backlash from fans who wanted the potential excitement generated by wet racing. Many team members have now added to these complaints.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner wants a review on the chaos of the Sunday.

“I think that needs a bit of a review because it was a little chaotic, with tyres coming on the grid, off the grid,” he said.

“It’s a busy enough grid here, and it’s always a little dangerous to try and pre-empt the weather.

“You can argue it both ways. You could say we would have been better starting the race and then reacting to the downpour, and either putting the safety car out or stopping the race, but I think it needs a bit of a review after this weekend.”

– Mercedes AMG F1 Media

Others have also added their complaints to the bucket, but Lewis Hamilton has fought back at what a lot of the media has been saying in regards to his reaction to the Sunday.

He posted the following to his Instagram stories yesterday:

“So the media is saying I criticised the FIA for the last race but it’s absolute rubbish,” he wrote.

“I thought they did a great job at the weekend. Could we have started the race when it was meant to start, probably but then they would have had to stop it soon after.

“We raced when it was safe and that’s what’s most important.

“Please don’t use me to create a negative narrative.”

A Reddit commenter listed the websites that were sensationalising the stories from the weekend:

The Guardian: Lewis Hamilton criticises FIA for delaying Monaco Grand Prix start

The Sun: LEWIS LIVID Lewis Hamilton demands showdown talks with FIA over delayed Monaco Grand Prix start as rain causes chaos pre-F1 race

The Express: Lewis Hamilton demands talks with FIA over delayed Monaco Grand Prix start

Daily Mail: Lewis Hamilton leads criticism of Monaco Grand Prix start

The Telegraph: Lewis Hamilton unhappy with Monaco Grand Prix stewards for late start time

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Grand Tour Nation (@grandtournation)

We reported the issues the 7-time world champion was having with his car.

“It was a bit frustrating but this is what it is, you just have to be behind it!” he told Motorsport.com.

“It is the way it is, and there’s not much I can do about it. We will go back to the factory and try harder, try again in the next race.”

He continued, commenting on the performance of the W13:

“I’m praying the car doesn’t feel like it does here.

“This was the worst in this car so far because of the potholes.

“I’m looking forward to it going away – just my teeth, my jaw moving all the time. I’m done shaking.

♦ Follow Grand Tour Nation on Google News