All The Specs For The New Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Revealed
Today, 7th May, Lamborghini announced its brand new Huracan EVO Rear-Wheel Drive Spyder and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Here is all the information you’ll need for the brand new supercar convertible. The pertinent facts are these:
- The car produces a whopping 610 hp alongside 560 Nw of torque which allows your right foot to accelerate from 0-100km/h in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 324 km/h (201mph)
- The new spyder design optimises drag reduction and downforce.
- The lightweight soft top further optimises aerodynamic efficiency with both the roof up or down
- Roof will be operable up to 50km/h (31 mph)
The Huracan Spyder was announced for the first time ever via Augmented Reality (AR), mostly due to the COVID-19 pandemic putting a halt to all public events and gatherings. The massive V10 engine will provide the lucky driver with a massive 610hp and 560 Nm of torque – the same as the coupe version.
Stefano Domenicali, Chairman and CEO of Lamborghini said of the new Huracan Spyder:
“The Huracán EVO Rear-Wheel Drive Spyder doubles the driving fun, delivering raw driving pleasure with the opportunity to celebrate life outside. The driver is perfectly in touch with Lamborghini’s engineering heritage, experiencing the feedback and engagement from the set-up of a rear-wheel drive car where electronic intrusion is minimized, while enjoying the sense of freedom and spirit of life that only open-top driving provides.”
The Huracan EVO Spyder features Lamborghini’s ANIMA button on the steering wheel which allows the driver to put the Huracan into a number of different modes:
- STRADA – provides stability and safety in all road conditions by minimising rear wheel slippage all while managing torque delivery on low grip surfaces.
- SPORT – Allows the rear wheels to slide and skate during acceleration to allow the driver to drift the vehicle easier at will.
- CORSA – Optimises the cars traction and agility when exiting corners in high speeds, thus maximising the dynamics and speed of the car.
The Huracan EVO RWD Spyder body is made from aluminium and thermoplastic resin and sits on a lightweight hybrid chassis of aluminium and carbon fibre. The dry weight of the vehicle is 1,509 kg with a weight to power ratio of 2.47 kg/hp. Front and rear distribution is split 40/60, with double wishbone suspension, overlapped quadrilaterals and passive shock absorbers. The breaks are ventilated and cross-drilled steel which will be fitted to 19″ Kari rims, specially developed Pirelli P Zero tires and there will be an option for 20″ rims and carbon ceramic breaks too.
The Huracan Spyder features a new front splitter, vertical fins, framed front air intakes and a new rear bumper in gloss black.
The soft top roof of the Spyder stows within 17 seconds and is held under the rear hood – the roof can be stowed up to a top speed of 31mph (50km/h). The roof will come in a range of colour options to perfectly compliment whatever colour of vehicle you decide to choose.
A HMI 8.4″ touchscreen in the centre console is where you’ll be controlling the cars functions, including the ability to make calls, access the internet and utilise Apple Car Play.
Now for the all important bit.. how much is one of these going to set you back? Depending on your location, you can expect to pay around the following (excluding taxes of course):
- Europe: €175,838
- UK: £151,100
- USA: $229,428
- China: RMB 2,794,000
- Japan: YEN 26,539,635