The new C8 Corvette is ludicrously cheap for its performance, and its mid-engined layout has really torn the masses in half. But what do you actually get for a measly $60,000? It can’t be much surely?
As a car so cheap, you wonder if you have to tick an option box to have the luxury of seats, but we’ve just received a list of everything that comes on the standard car. It is as follows:
- 8-Way Power Adjustable Leather Seats
- HD Back-up Camera with parking assist
- 8 inch touch screen with apple car play and 10 speak Bose sound system
- 12 inch full digital gauge cluster
- Remote start
- 8-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission
- 6.2-liter LT2 V8 490 horsepower and 456 lb-ft of torque
- 245/35R19 all-season tires up front and 20-inch wheels with 305/30/R20s in the rear
This is far from disappointing for a $60,000 car, especially considering the performance the car will come with from the factory. 490bhp and 456lb ft of torque isn’t to smirk at, especially when shovelled through an 8-speed dual-clutch auto ‘box to the rear wheels.
From spy shots however, it’s safe to say that the ride height won’t be as high as the press photos would suggest. It looks as though they’re leaving plenty of improvements to come later in the from of higher spec special edition models. Wheels and wheel spacing may also undergo some improvement for these even faster variants.
We’re looking forward to seeing more of this car as it edges towards being on the road. We’ve already heard it and can’t wait to see more in person.♦ Follow Grand Tour Nation on Google News