In Sealy, Texas, automotive enthusiasts gathered to witness the grand farewell of the legendary supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat HEMI V8 engine that has powered Dodge’s iconic muscle cars for nine years. Hennessey, known for pushing the limits of performance, has given the Hellcat a spectacular send-off with the release of the Hennessey H1000 ‘Last Stand’ editions of the Dodge Challenger and Charger. These limited edition models are a high-octane salute to the storied engine, taking muscle car performance to unprecedented levels.
- Limited Edition Release: Only 50 units of the Hennessey H1000 ‘Last Stand’ Dodge Challenger and Charger will be produced, each boasting a supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat HEMI V8 enhanced to 1,000 horsepower.
- High-Performance Enhancements: A suite of upgrades including a larger supercharger, high-flow induction system, and new engine calibration allow the ‘Last Stand’ models to deliver performance on par with the extreme SRT Demon 170.
- Exclusive Design and Warranty: The limited edition models feature carbon-fiber components, bespoke wheels and badging, and come with Hennessey’s 3-year / 36,000-mile limited warranty.
Hennessey has taken the Challenger and Charger to the edge of the SRT Demon 170’s territory by fitting a range of upgrades, including a larger supercharger for non-Redeye models. These enhancements have boosted the Hellcat’s power output to an impressive 1,000 horsepower and 948 lb-ft of torque. What’s truly astonishing is that these high-performance machines can run on standard pump-unleaded gasoline.
Performance figures are equally mind-blowing, with both models accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.8 seconds and completing a quarter-mile run in 9.9 seconds at 141 mph. These were once figures reserved for hypercars, but Hennessey has brought this level of performance to the muscle car realm.
The visual upgrades are just as significant as the mechanical ones. Carbon fiber has been lavishly applied to create a new rear spoiler, front splitter, side skirts, and rear diffuser. Each vehicle stands out with its 20-inch alloy wheels, available in two finishes, and bespoke ‘Last Stand’ graphics and plaques.
Enthusiasts who want to own a piece of automotive history can acquire the H1000 ‘Last Stand’ upgrade for Dodge SRT Challenger and Charger models from the 2021-2023 production years. These limited edition models will be available through Hennessey Performance Dodge dealers or directly from Hennessey.
“The Challenger and Charger are two of our most popular models, with monstrous horsepower in a comfortable and capable chassis. While it’s sad to see the 6.2-liter HEMI go, I’m pleased to commemorate its near-decade run with our unique ‘Last Stand’ models that pair the 1,000-horsepower output with the sleek look of carbon fiber and other exterior performance upfits,” remarked John Hennessey, founder and CEO of the company.
The Hennessey brand has always been synonymous with speed and performance, from modifying sports cars to crafting hypercars like the Venom GT and the Venom F5. With comprehensive warranties and a complete performance package, the ‘Last Stand’ models are ready to mark the end of an era and the beginning of a new chapter in automotive performance history.
- Engine: Supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat HEMI V8
- Horsepower: 1,000 HP
- Torque: 948 lb-ft
- Acceleration (0-60 mph): 2.8 seconds
- Quarter Mile: 9.9 seconds at 141 mph
- Fuel: Pump-unleaded gasoline
- Larger supercharger (non-Redeye models)
- Upgraded fuel injectors
- High-flow induction system
- Pulley upgrade
- Stainless-steel long tube headers
- High-flow catalytic converters
- Crankcase ventilation system
- New engine calibration
- Carbon-fiber rear spoiler
- Carbon-fiber front splitter
- Carbon-fiber side skirts
- Carbon-fiber rear diffuser
- Wheels: 20-inch alloy, optioned in gloss black or graphite-colored finish
- Badging: Special heritage ‘Last Stand’ graphics
- Limited Production: 50 exclusive examples
- Warranty: 3-year / 36,000-mile limited warranty
- Availability: 2021-2023 Dodge SRT Challenger and Charger models
In Summary: The Hennessey H1000 ‘Last Stand’ editions of the Dodge Challenger and Charger bid a grand farewell to the iconic Hellcat engine, elevating muscle car performance to unprecedented levels.