Amazon Make It Even Easier To Watch The Grand Tour – Amazon Fire Cube
With The Grand Tour just around the corner, Amazon have made it even simpler to watch the trio in action.
Introducing the Amazon Fire Cube.
It’s a new product from Amazon which allows all of your existing tech, like your TV, sound bar, and other AV equipment to be controlled via your voice and Alexa. The latter is how it differentiates from other Alexa controlled devices – it has infrared emitters which allow it to send signals to non-smart devices. It’s built into the box itself, but also in a separate module which allows it to reach technology hidden in closed cabinets and cupboards.
You can say “Alexa, turn on the TV” for example, or “Alexa, let’s party”, and it will play music out of your sound bar instead of its own speakers. You can even ask it to play The Grand Tour if you’re so inclined!
Other commands are as followed:
- “Turn on/off the TV”
- “Turn up/down the volume” or “Mute”
- “Home” or “Go home” returns to Fire TV home page
- “Launch Netflix” or “Launch Hulu” to launch apps
- “Play ‘Transparent’” or “Play ‘Sneaky Pete’”
- “Show dramas” or “Show recent movies”
- “Pause,” “Stop,” “Play,” “Rewind” and “Fast-forward”
- “Go down” or “Scroll down” navigates through the page
Amazon will begin shipping on June 21 and will cost $120 but if you’re an Amazon Prime member, you’ll only have to pay $90. How can you say to to that deal?
But it here: